Since its inception in 2015, Almost Home Chicago has become a trusted and valued community partner. Providing assistance to the poor, the hungry, the needy, the homeless, and the broken, we strive to be the hands, feet, and voice of hope by providing food, clothing, shelter, jobs, and love to those who need it most.
A 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, Almost Home is proud to work within the communities of our underrepresented neighbors.
Highlights From the Previous Week
• We held a very successful Naloxone training course. 13 individuals now have the knowledge and tools to help save a life in the event of an opioid overdose.
• We took care of friend's (very small) rent payment, preventing him from having to go back to living under a bridge.
• We met a new friend, and we were able to assist him with multiple gift cards to ease a few burdens while he is currently living in his work truck.
• We received a generous donation from our friends at Peoples Bank. They requested that we use the gift to purchase Pending Meals for our friends who are food insecure.
• A local family held a lemonade stand, with all profits benefiting AH. Beautiful. ♥️
• We were able to fill 6 small "wishes" from our Loaves and Fishes closet at a local nursing home because of a few kind hearts.
• We were able to get a friend from the street a new tire for her car.
• We were able to assist a man that was found all alone outside, after being released from the hospital due to a gun shot wound, with a ride to a place to sleep.
Together we will do great things! Why?
Due to the generosity of our friends and followers, we have been able to expand our service area to include Alsip, Blue Island, Bridgeview, Burbank, Chicago Ridge, Crestwood, Evergreen Park, Hickory Hills, Hometown, Justice, Midlothian, Mt. Greenwood, Oak Lawn, Oak Forest, Tinley Park, and Worth.
Why? Because everyone needs help sometimes. Everyone.
Find out who we are and how you can help.